120 Food Intolerance Test
Food intolerances can cause painful and uncomfortable symptoms such as abdominal pain and bloating, headaches or nausea. They are usually caused by eating a foodstuff which doesnít interact well with your body, causing your immune system to react, hence the cause of the pain. The 120 Food Intolerance Test is a good intolerance test choice for those who experience long-term symptoms and problems as a direct results of food intolerances as it can help to identify the foods that are causing you problems and remove them from your diet.
The 120 Food Intolerance Test is a comprehensive intolerance test which will check for the existence of antibodies to common foodstuffs in your blood. These antibodies are created by your immune system as a protective mechanism to combat a reaction caused by intolerance to a food you eat.
The 120 Food Intolerance Test, as its name suggests, will test for the most common foods which cause intolerances, as recommended by leading nutritionists. These include:
- Nuts (Almond, Brazil Nut, Cashew Nut, Cola Nut, Hazelnut, Peanut, Pistachio, Walnut)
- Fruits (Apple, Apricot, Avocado, Banana, Blackberry, Blackcurrant, Cherry, Cranberry, Grape, Grapefruit, Melon (honeydew), Coconut, Kiwi, Lemon, Lime, Plum, Raspberry, Peach, Pear, Pineapple, Strawberry, Tomato, Nectarine, Orange, Red Chilli)
- Vegetables (Asparagus, Aubergine, Beetroot, Broccoli, Brussels Sprout, Cabbage, Carrot, Cauliflower, Celery, Chicory, Cucumber, Coffee, Leek, Lettuce, Pea, Peppers (mixed), Mushroom, Spinach, Onion, Olive, Potato)
- Grains (Barley, Buckwheat, Corn (maize), Durum Wheat, Hops, Lentil, Wheat, Wheat Bran, Gliadin, Oat, Millet, Rice, Rye Flour)
- Herbs (Basil, Coriander (leaf), Mint, Dill, Thyme, Parsley, Sage)
- Beans (Green, Red Kidney, White Haricot, Cocoa Bean, Soya Bean)
- Meats (Beef, Chicken, Lamb, Duck, Pork, Turkey, Veal, Venison)
- Fish (Crab, Cod, Haddock, Lobster, Mackerel, Herring, Plaice, Shrimp/Prawn ,Sole, Trout, Tuna, Swordfish, Scallop, Salmon, Oyster, Mussel, Turbot)
- Spices (Peppercorns (black and white), Cinnamon, Clove, Garlic, Ginger, Cumin, Vanilla, Nutmeg)
- Dairy (Cow's Milk, Goatís Milk, Sheepís Milk)
- Seeds (Carob, Rapeseed, Mustard Seed, Sesame Seed, Sunflower Seed)
- Other (Tea (black and green), Yeast (bakers and brewers), Egg White, Egg Yolk
Taking the 120 Food Intolerance Test
Itís easy to take a 120 Food Intolerance Test. Simply click the Get Tested button below to order your test for next-day delivery. Your test will be dispatched directly to your door from our partner laboratory.
Before you take your 120 Food Intolerance Test you should ensure you read the test instruction leaflet first to make certain you fully understand the testing process. Be sure to complete all required forms so that you receive the most accurate intolerance test results.
This test requires just a few drops of blood, around 100ul, to be drawn from the tip of your finger using the safety lancet provided in the test kit. Once you have managed to draw a small amount of blood, position your finger over the capillary to the collection tube and continue squeezing your finger until you have withdrawn the appropriate amount of blood for the test.
Make sure you firmly seal the tube and complete all forms and then post your completed test kit to our partner laboratory for processing. Once the lab receives your sample, your results will be emailed to you within a week.
Please note this test requires the use of a safety lancet to administer a pinprick of blood to be used for sampling. This test should not be administered to a child younger than 5 years of age.
If you receive a positive test result for any of the above-mentioned food intolerances, we will recommend either reducing your consumption of that food or completely eliminating it from your diet. You should also visit your doctor or dietician to discuss your options. If you follow this method, results should be noticeable within two to six weeks.